Job Title: Deployment Tech Asst. Manager
Assigned Reports To: Deployment Manager / Director
Salary Grade/Salary Range: ($42,000 – $47,000) Exempt
Revision Date: 06/04/2018
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Flexibility with hours and days, as applicable to department.
Department Supervisory Role
- Create and maintain updated install guides and welcome documentation for agents and merchants (department documentation goes through standard approval process)
- May manager hourly employees within department
- Provide training on demand of supervisor to new hires or to current staff for new updates or technology to stay current with market
- Place orders for equipment and materials for the department to procurement on the 24th of each month
- Participate in managers meetings related to department
- Participate in vendor and service provider conference calls related to department
- Independently make best practice decisions in absence of direction or policy and report such decisions and reasoning to supervisor
Terminal Programming Position Summary
- Build and download terminals for contractor and agent’s merchants.
- Assist other installers and deployment techs with their downloads and file builds for the next day or that evening for shipment.
- Compile information, enter account information into the IRIS (CRM) and complete necessary forms and/or documents to ensure successful deployment.
- Assist other deployment personnel through their administrative tasks such as uploading documents or adding notes into IRIS.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality. (8am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- Keep up-to-date on Merchant Lynx product knowledge and able to explain in detail all services to merchants.
- Report all discrepancies and concerns to Supervisor.
- Submit data to deployment team to ensure transparency.
- Update and process all documents pertaining to new and existing merchant accounts.
- Answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate person following Customer Service Standards.
- Have a basic knowledge of deployment policies and rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- One year of customer service or technical support experience or completion of an approved education program or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Minimum Typing Speed Required 50 wpm or higher keyboarding speed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as deployment rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, policies and memorandums.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, merchants, vendors and management
- Must possess the ability to speak clearly so others can understand
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use a basic calculator.
- Reasoning Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards – Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether transactions, events or processes within scope of authority comply with laws, regulations or underwriting standards.
- Perform departmental administrative duties as instructed by supervisor
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this job at any time. It is not designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities and/or qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Further, I understand that if I have any physical limitations or require any accommodations in order to perform the essential functions of my job, I must immediately inform my supervisor.