Merchant Lynx Services is a leader in the card processing industry. We are looking for an IT Manager with excellent management skills that can lead the IT department. Thinking outside the box and providing solutions.
Responsible for enterprise information by determining network and security requirements; planning, implementing and testing network and security systems; preparing network and security standards, policies, procedures.
Principal Responsibilities and Activities:
- Evaluates current network and security systems to propose and implement network system enhancements on Network Switches, Routers, Internet Firewall Services, VPN and other Network Management devices
- Defines, designs and implements network and security solutions. Creates and maintains standard builds/templates
- Applies advanced network and security engineering and architecture knowledge on complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation
- Designs, installs, supports, and maintains new network and security hardware and software infrastructure. May oversee network and/or security systems projects
- Provides network and security solutions and advice to business and management requirements
- Allocates network resources, monitors network performance and usage, and ensures most cost effective and efficient use of network resources
- Ensures all IT equipment complies with industry and regulatory standards
- Troubleshoots, analyses, and resolves faults in operational networks
- Ensures routine preventative maintenance and license compliance is performed
- Develop network and security documentation, including diagrams and work instructions
- Track project milestones, deliverables and status
- Administrate procurement/contracts activities of network assets
- Perform after hours support duties to sustain networking and security systems service levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience working within network infrastructure-Minimum 4 years experience in firewall/security management-CCNA, CCNP, Security Certifications Preferred
Know How and Skills
Experience in the following required:
- Microsoft servers, Cisco routing, Voice/data communications, Network architecture and Network services such as DNS, DHCP, Systems security, Application Architecture, Network monitoring and alerting, Firewall configuration maintenance, and Network protocol traffic management
- Experience with advanced network engineering principles, utility industry standards and developing technologies
- Experience in creating network design diagrams and documentation.
- Experience with packet capture and protocol analysis
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, problems solving skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and time management skills
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Strong team player
- Working experience supporting VoIP communications platforms.
- Working experience with Cisco IOS, TCP/IP, and network route/switch.
- Security minded with experience managing security controls.
- Familiarity with Cisco networking technologies, VPN, web filtering, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Ethernet, the OSI model, and structured cabling.
- Language, reasoning, and analytical skills normally acquired through completion of Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent professional work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting medium to large scale multi-vendor networks.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Administers network and network device access for Company personnel and equipment
- Researches, recommends, and installs any requested technology equipment approved by leadership
- Administers or oversees the administration of Merchant Lynx Services telecommunications network
- Ensures audio/visual technologies are adequate and working
- Provides or advises on training and education for technology as required
- Provides or oversees support for computer systems and software licenses
- Serves as resource to support personnel for technology related questions and support requests
- Coordinate with and/or guide the work of third party technology providers to ensure successful and reliable communication between MLS systems and third-party applications
- Creates or contributes to the creation as well as monitoring and assisting to resolve information technology related policies or violations of existing policies
- Ensures a reliable and adequate hosting environment for web properties and domains
- As required research, recommend, and implement new hardware or software
- Oversees the acquisition of and ongoing supervision of technology related employees
- Evaluates and recommends technology solutions having potential to expand or improve ability to excel in their marketplace
- Maintains a reasonable system of technology related documentation
- E?ectively provides information technology related communications and represents information technology related issues and needs to leadership
- Any other duties assigned
Hard Skills/Soft Skills Needed for Success:
- Software development process and ability to manage software projects
- Database concepts and ability to manipulate databases as well as guide the work of others managing databases
- Strong Data Analysis understanding
- Good Knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- General Web technologies knowledge and skills including competency in techniques related to direct or accomplish required work in Web development, Web design, information architecture, user experience, search engine optimization and search engine marketing
- Exceptional project management skills; able to work independently on multiple assignments while maintaining high-quality results; deadline- and detail-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good to excellent knowledge/experience with other current and/or popular technologies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position working standard business hours. This position may require the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time