Job Title: New Accounts Representative 1
Assigned Reports To: Underwriting Manager / Director Compliance
Salary Grade/Salary Range: ($15.50-$17.00)
Revision Date: 05/02/2018
- Answer merchant’s questions and explains bank requirements for booking new accounts.
- Interview merchants to obtain information needed for opening accounts according to applicable regulatory requirements and verify application data.
- Compile information, enter account information into the IRIS (CRM) and create necessary forms and/or documents to open the account.
- Refer merchant information to other appropriate company personnel for assistance as needed, following Underwriting Service Standards.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Keep up-to-date on Merchant Lynx product knowledge and be able to explain in detail all services to merchants.
- Report all discrepancies and concerns to underwriting team
- Submit data to underwriting team to book new accounts.
- Provide information regarding different account ownership types.
- Update and process all documents pertaining to new and existing merchant accounts.
- Answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate person following Customer Service Standards.
- Create new account files.
- Have a basic knowledge of underwriting polices and rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Flexibility with hours and days, as applicable to department.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- One year of customer service or data entry experience or completion of an approved education program or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Minimum Typing Speed Required 25 wpm or higher keyboarding speed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as underwriting rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, policies and memorandums.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, merchants, vendors and management
- Must possess the ability to speak clearly so others can understand
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use a basic calculator.
- Reasoning Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards – Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether transactions, events or processes within scope of authority comply with laws, regulations or underwriting standards.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this job at any time. It is not designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities and/or qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Further, I understand that if I have any physical limitations or require any accommodations in order to perform the essential functions of my job, I must immediately inform my supervisor.